OAS 4 and IDL compilation problems...

From: <yannspub_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 14:02:55 GMT

Hi!

First of all, here is my configuration: NT4SP3

OAS4.0.7
JDK1.1.7B (for clients)
JDK1.1.4 (for servers)

After I have successfully (but not without difficulty) run the JCORBA sample, I began to test the building of a JCORBA application using IDLs.

But the developer's guide specifies that I MUST define the classe for the Remote Interface...(I have to write it in the JCO.APP). This let me perplex: I don't really understand why this file is so important because the IDL file is, by definition, THE interface between the client and the server...

So, I did exactly what the developer's guide says (making a jar with idls, classes,...). But the installation on the oracle server (through the oas manager) failed, and gave me this error:

Oracle Application Server Release 4.0.7.0.0 Enterprise Edition Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1998. All rights reserved.

Processing c:\orant\applis\DBEngine\server~1\idl\server.jar...   Analyzing Objects...
    ServerDBEngine2
  Wrappers and IDL files for
c:\orant\applis\DBEngine\server~1\idl\server.jar have been created.

Compilation of idl interfaces for
c:\orant\applis\DBEngine\server~1\idl\server.jar failed! Creating registration files...
Deployment information for application successfully generated.

Nevertheless, I have tested my idl code file with wrbjidlc, and ther was no error, all stubs and skeletons where successfully generated.

.....???

Any idea would be appreciated.

Moreover, I'd like your opinion about JCorba objects (about their corba-compliance, their performance, their integration with JTS,...).

Thanks for your help.
Yann

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Fri May 21 1999 - 09:02:55 CDT