Re: help on manipulating a string !!

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 22:01:24 -0500

>>I want to create a procedure which takes a special string as an
input.Please
>>note that the input string may have an apostrophe (').If there is an
>>apostrophe in the string then it will insert another one immediately
>>following the previous one... for example

This would be easier to do in your application before passing the data to your SQL commands. We had a problem where we wanted to insert a string into a table and our users would place contractions (i.e. it's, doesn't, etc.) in the string. Obviously an insert command like INSERT INTO table VALUES('xxx','it's','yyy') failed. Our application was web based. We used server side javascript (client-side works too) to replace all occurences of the single quote with a back quote.

Hope that helps,
Brian Peasland
peasland_at_msn.com Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 22:01:24 CDT