Re: Corrupt log file

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 12:05:08 +0200

AK escribió:
> =

> I get the following error when I try to start my Oracle database. I am
> running Oracle7 Workgroup Server Release 7.3.4.0.0 on Windows NT.
> =

> Database mounted.
> ORA-00341: log 1 of thread 1, wrong log # 2 in header
> ORA-00312: online log 1 thread 1: 'D:\ORANT\DATABASE\FIN\LOG1FIN.ORA'
> =

> I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me how can I access=
 my
> data and bypass the logging feature. Or how can I rebuild or replace th=
> log.

The Oracle Messages Manual says:

// *Cause:  The internal information in an on-line log file does not
//          match the control file.
// *Action: Restore correct file or reset logs.

So, you can try in svrmgrl:
startup nomount
alter database open resetlogs;

If it doesn't work, the way to solve the problem depends on the status of the redo log and if you are in archive or no archive mode. Why don't you post us more information?

 =

> Thank You

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Tue May 18 1999 - 05:05:08 CDT