Re: autostarting oracle 7.3.3 on AIX 4.3.1

From: Hirzo Merenga <Hirzo.Merenga_at_UCC.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 10:47:48 +0200

Hi,

You have to put an entry in the /etc/inittab file. It shoud look like: o1:2:once:su - oracle -c "dbstart"
o2:2:once:su - oracle -c "lsnrctl start"

The first entry starts the instances, the second starts the listener. The first collumn in an entry is an id, the second defines the runlevel at which the command should be run. In AIX this is usually 2 for a boot of the multiuser mode, but at your site it may be different. Check it. The third collumn specifies that the command should be run only once when entering this new runlevel. The fourth collumn is the actual command.

Hirzo Merenga.