student question about replication

From: Christophe Bousquet <bousquet-c_at_magic.fr>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 21:24:36 +0100

Hello All,

Beside of my CS job, I'm still some sort of student. I have an assigne- ment on database replication. (databases are completely out of my scope: my job is to develop healthcare lab instruments in C/C++/asm)

After reading documentation for DB2, Oracle and MS-SQL Server, I got the feeling that if you cannot partition data (i.e. a replicated object still has multiple writers) and if you cannot use synchronous propagation (2PC or something like that) then you're in big troubles.

I'm looking here for the opinion of people who actually work with "update everywhere" replication.
Any comments, opinions, 2cts thoughts, are welcome. Many thanks.

Best regards
christophe Bousquet mailto:bousquet-c_at_magic.fr Received on Fri May 14 1999 - 15:24:36 CDT