Re: Oracle/Linux executables with 0-suffix

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 14:22:59 +0200

Hi Sam,
Files with 0-suffix on other ports arise because of relinking the kernel. This is just the old executable, which is retained in case anything goes wrong.
No doubt this applies to the Linux version also. Apparently the fileset on technet.oracle.com consists of the 'installed' files, and they did relink it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA