Re: Oracle/POET/ODI benchmark article in Java Report

From: Eric Vigna <ericv_at_poet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 06:55:54 GMT

Hi Akmal,

> How to fully reference this paper?

The paper that analyzes the performance and lines of code necessary to program a Java application between Oracle, Object Design, and POET Software reference information is:

Bostjan Brumen, Tomaz Domajnko, Matjaz B. Juric and Ivan Rozman "How to Store Java Objects", Java Report, April 1999, Volume 4, Number 4, page 33-45

> BTW you also mentioned a while ago an implementation of the OO7
> benchmark in SQL on Poet - will this paper be available as well?

Your memory is impressive :->. It is my opinion that the paper in its current form is not appropriate for your benchmark page http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~akmal/html.dir/benchmarks.html. POET has a great deal of flexibility (ie. when objects are retrieved, when and which objects are stored, and which objects are kept in cache). In the benchmark suite, there are many macros that may be set in various combinations... depending on what tests are most important to the tester. Due to this flexibility, we currently prefer that POET is involved with the usage of this benchmark suite and consequently only make the 20+ page paper and oo7 source/make files available to advanced POET evaluators and POET customers.

In a side note, I really appreciate your efforts to maintain your web site, it is a very good resource that I use frequently

Best Regards,

Eric

> > FYI - The article referenced below is _now_ available from POET's
> > home page - http://www.poet.com.

> --
> email: akmal(at)bigfoot(dot)com || http://www.bigfoot.com/~akmal/
> "I need a job where my immense ego seems normal." - Dogbert
> DISCLAIMER: I work for Computer Associates and my opinions are my own.

Disclaimer: These are my own personal opinions, and not those of my company. Received on Fri May 14 1999 - 01:55:54 CDT