Re: odbc: function sequence error..

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:56:39 +0200

Jan Rosinowski wrote in message <37384676.444399482_at_192.168.1.199>...
>...when i execute a prepared statement. looks as if there is a limit
>on the querysize. (ora 7.3.4)
>
>anybody in the know? i'm not reusing any handles or something like
>that.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I ran into a SQL statement size limitation using Pro*C (Oracle's SQL precompiler for C/C++) with 7.3.4. Had a sizable SQL (containing an UNION) which compiled without warning. However the C/C++ code that Pro*C generated truncated the SQL statement without any warnings or errors. When running the compiled program, it returned an ORA error complaining about an invalid SQL statement.

I worked around the problem by breaking up the UNION and creating two cursors and processed them individually... yuck... rather give me Delphi any day...

regards,
Billy Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 03:56:39 CDT