HELP:Control File

From: Jerra <jerra_at_consilia.aland.fi>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 11:55:36 +0300

Hejsan!
I'm making a program in Delphi that generates a Controlfile from an Access or SQL Server db.
I'd prefer to have the data in the same file, data ranging from 10mb to 60mb, 60 tables.
I wonder if anyone of you out there knows if it is possible to have a structure similar to this with each tables header followed by its data?

Load Data
Infile *
DiscardMax 999
Append Into Table Table1
Fields Terminated By "|" Optionally Enclosed By '"'
(Field1,Field2)

BeginData
"1"|"2"

Append Into Table Table2
Fields Terminated By "|" Optionally Enclosed By '"'
(Field1,Field2)

BeginData
"1"|"2"

If not, is it then possible to have a record_id identifying which table it belongs to, but not inserting the record_id to the table? Load Data
Infile *
DiscardMax 999
Append Into Table Table1
Where record_id=1
Fields Terminated By "|" Optionally Enclosed By '"'
(record_id,Field1,Field2)

BeginData

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much!
/Jerra Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 03:55:36 CDT