Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Arvin Meyer <a_at_m.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 12:02:41 -0400

Jim McCusker wrote in message <37399F02.E07AA7B3_at_iname.com>...

>Then why would companies need to hire someone to babysit their Exchange
>server? Those tools are a sysadmin's nightmare because they tend to be
>buggy and unreliable. A programmer can just write an app and then dump
>it on the sysadmin letting him worry about the bugs within the
>technology that app is based on.

Gee, that's funny. At the firm I used to work for, we did have Exchange Server 5.5 hang once after about 9 months. We rebooted the server and all was OK, and has been OK for the last 6 months. We have 3 MCSE's and the only Exchange Server work they ever did is installing it on client's systems. Maybe the problems you encountered had to do with the system not being correctly set up in the first place, or a conflict with something else that's running. Ya think?
---
Arvin Meyer
onsite_at_esinet.net Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 11:02:41 CDT