Re: Fromat rows with SQL*PLUS

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 04:20:48 GMT

On Mon, 10 May 1999 12:08:09 +0100, "stephane buisson" <stephane_buisson_at_yoni.fr> wrote:

>I try to export the result of a query in an spool file, but SQL*PLUS inserts
>blank spaces after each rows (due to the value of LINESIZE I guess). Is it
>possible not to have these blanks?

Yes. Add the following command to your SQL*Plus script:

        SET TRIMSPOOL ON That tells SQL*Plus to trim trailing spaces from lines that are written to the spool file. The default setting is off. That's why you are seeing the trailing spaces.

regards

Jonathan Gennick

Brighten the Corner Where You Are
mailto:jonathan@gennick.com http://gennick.com Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 23:20:48 CDT