GRANT/PRIVILEGE PROBLEM: URGENT

From: The man from the great white north <anti-spam-gdallair_at_geocities.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 13:55:38 GMT

DATABASE: 7.3.4.3 Sparc Solaris 2.5.1

User TST_ENT wants to let user ADMIN truncate one of its table.

Connected as user TST_ENT I did a "grant all on ent_index_entr to admin"

There is a public synonym for tst_ent.ent_index_entr called ent_index_entr.

Now, if I connect as admin and try:

truncate table tst_ent.ent_index_entr

OR

truncate table ent_index_entr

I get:

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

What's wrong ?

PLEASE NOTE: A couple of weeks ago, one of my databases started showing all kinds of problems related to grants (execute) on procedures and packages. Even if I granted execute to procedures, I would get an insufficient privilege or not found message. The solution was finally to shut down and restart the database. Very strange...

This is hapenning in another database, I figure it is not the same problem.

Thanks

Guy Dallaire
Sysadmin/DBA
Centre de recherche industrielle du Québec e-mail: gdallair-nospam_at_criq.qc.ca
http://www.criq.qc.ca

NOTE: To reply via e-mail, remove the '-nospam' from my e-mail adress Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 08:55:38 CDT