Re: GRANT/PRIVILEGE PROBLEM: URGENT

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 16:44:35 +0200

The man from the great white north escribió:
> =

> DATABASE: 7.3.4.3 Sparc Solaris 2.5.1
> =

> User TST_ENT wants to let user ADMIN truncate one of its table.
 =

You must grant it the drop any table privilege.  =

> PLEASE NOTE: A couple of weeks ago, one of my databases started
> showing all kinds of problems related to grants (execute) on
> procedures and packages. Even if I granted execute to procedures, I
> would get an insufficient privilege or not found message. The solution
> was finally to shut down and restart the database. Very strange...

You cannot grant execute on procedures, packages or functions to a role (you can, but it won't wotk), you must grant it to every user. I've your interested, I've got a procedure wich grants the execute privilege on a package,... to every user who have a given role.  =

hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 09:44:35 CDT