Re: Database Link question

From: Ed Stevens <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 12:31:59 GMT

In article <7gv01k$bqj$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Dante <dnotari_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Don't forget ... the server has to resolve the TNS entry not
> the client !

<snip>

Are you sure about that? Or am I misunderstanding what you said? In our setup, we keep a TNSNAMES on a public file server for the desktop clients. Each Oracle server has its own TNSNAMES file. Our desktop clients are only able to connect to databases listed in the public TNSNAMES. It only makes sense to me that the CLIENT has to be able to figure out how to locate the database.

Am I missing something?

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions are not necessarily those of my employer)

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 07:31:59 CDT