Re: Database Link question

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:52:20 +0200

Buergi Josef escribió:
> I have two servers (same Network, Unix, each runs ORACLE V7, SQLNet V2)=
 and
> want to set up a DB-link.

The tnsnames in Obelix must have an entry for V716MTS and the tnsnames in Idefix must have an entry for V734MTS. I suppose you have like this, but never now...

In the other side, We've had a lot of problems with private db links betwenn 7.3.4 and 7.1.6, sometimes ther don't work properly and get a message as if the remote instance was shutdown, but we can create them without any problem. This question is solved with public db links. It would help if you tell us the error message. Another question, do you have the create db link privilege?

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 04:52:20 CDT