Re: HELP I need some answers on Oracle

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 16:49:59 -0700

Michael

It depends on what sort of problem you're attempting to address. Are you concerned about the primary machine or primary site? In addition, does it have to be Linux? For example, if you are concerned about just the machine, you could normally implement Parallel Server, which requires clustering software from the OS. At a cursory glance, I don't think Linux supports clustering (someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know a lot about Linux). Other alternatives would include replication, standby database, off site backups etc. etc. To determine which you need, we need more details of the problem you're trying to address.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Pete Sharman                              Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
Project Manager                           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
Oracle Corporation

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA