Re: AGENT WILL NOT START!

From: Liz Reen <liz_at_reading.news>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 12:45:16 -0400

In article <7gs26d$h3b$1_at_saturn.bton.ac.uk>, rmb8_at_bton.ac.uk says...
> This is kind of interesting. We bought 7.3.2.2 Workgroup Server Edition for
> Sun a while back and I've been trying ever since then to find out if we are
> licensed to run the Intelligent Agent. I know it's not required for all OEM
> functions but NOBODY (including Oracle themselves) seems able to tell me if
> I should be running it. The WGS documentation we received at the time made
> no mention of it at all, even in discussing the installation of Enterprise
> Manager or in the "licensed to use" sections.
>
> Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Robin Bishop
> Computer Centre
> University of Brighton
>
> Aaron Seaton wrote in message <372EF0F9.4F598F57_at_scotiamarkets.com>...
> <snip>
> >everything is working great, except for the Oracle Intelligent Agent
> >service that is needed to run Enterprise Manager properly
> <snip>

Versions of Oracle less than 7.3.3 don't have an Intelligent Agent that works even half way properly. The OEM schema, storage , security and sql portions work with 7.3.2 and are worth while in their own right. You can create a repository on that version. It is useful for keeping track of passwords. It isn't till 7.3.3 that the functionaliry gets very good.

Liz
--
My real address is L R E E N a t P E R R I E R G R O U P d o t C O M Received on Fri May 07 1999 - 11:45:16 CDT