LongVarChar - Too Long to .Update

From: <geneberger_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 14:34:48 GMT

LongVarChar (memo type field) is taking up to seven minutes to update on our production database using:

oRs.AddNew

   oRs.Fields("CMT_TE").AppendChunk(myVar) oRs.Update

The variable myVar only contains about 1000 characters. Production database only has 50,000 (fifty-thousand) records. We are using ADO version 2.

On the development server it works instantly (although the development database has few records).

Can anyone recommend where we should look to speed up the .Update?

Thanks,
Gene Berger
UPS (United Parcel Service)