Re: Help on Creating a bigger SGA

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 22:19:31 -0400

Tim Richardson wrote:

> I am in the process of trying to allocate a bigger SGA and I receive the
> following error:
>
> 07331, 00000, "smsnsg: unable to allocate the variable portion of the SGA."
> // *Cause: The variable portion of the SGA is too big to fit contiguously
> // into one segment.
> // *Action: Reconfigure the UNIX kernel to have bigger segments.
>
> I guess the problem is due to unix memory segment size, which is not big
> enough for the current SGA size.
>
> This is running on a Sun box.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Put something like:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=67108864
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=128
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=128
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=64
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=64
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=128

in the /etc/system file (at the end) and reboot the machine. --
Mladen Gogala Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 21:19:31 CDT