Re: Help on Creating a bigger SGA

From: Vincent Smith <vsmith_at_telstra.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 07:31:23 GMT

Update the SHMMAX value to 1073741824 - this allows a 1GB shared memory segment - but do not use so much that pageing/swapping occurs with a full user load. Set the db_block_buffers to a realistic value based on the amount of machine RAM. Allow RAM for users sessions. The others are :

SHMMNI = 200
SHMSEG = 20
SEMMNS = (# of Oracle processes from init.ora + 100)
SEMMNI = 15 per instance

Check your Oracle hardware specific installation guide.