Re: Cascading delete function

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 19:07:04 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Tony" <tonyxu89_at_yahoo.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 05 May 1999 18:45:39 GMT, you wrote:

>I like to know if there is cascading delete function with Oracle. Thanks
>for the advice.
>
>Tony

yes there is.

SQL> create table p ( x int primary key );

Table created.

SQL> create table c ( x int references p(x) on delete cascade );

Table created.

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

--
Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 14:07:04 CDT