Problems with OracleAgent on NT

From: <dmh_2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 19:08:18 GMT

Hi.

I am unable to start the OracleAgent NT service that was created when I installed Oracle Intelligent Agent 8.0.4.0.0. I am also unable to start this service after using the patch CD-ROM and upgrading to Oracle Intelligent Agent 8.0.4.1.1. For both versions of the software, I get the following error messages:

  1. After hitting the 'Start' button in the Services Dialog box, an error message-box appears, stating "The procedure entry point nncpper_push_err could not be located in the dynamic link library NNCI80.DLL.".

2)Then after several minutes, another error message pops up that says "Could not start OracleAgent service. Error 2186: The service is not responding to the control function."

3)Using the Event Viewer tool, I find the following messages associated with the failed attempt to start OracleAgent: "The OracleAgent service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" and "Timeout (120000 milliseconds) waiting for service to connect."

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem? I'm using Oracle Enterprise Edition 8.0.4 on NT 4.0 (SP 3), by the way.

Thanks.

Dave