Serious problems with IIS,ADO and Oracle....

From: stefan auer <stefan.auer_at_enator.se>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 17:43:01 +0200

Hi!

I'm getting more and more desperate. We're trying to use Oracle as a DB from an Internet application where during a certain event a temporary table gets created and filled with data.

The BIG problem is that we can create, insert and drop the table but we can't use SELECT!

We are using the IIS 4.0 as a webserver. In a certain ASP script (javascript or vbscript doesn't matter) we create a ADO object and connect to the Oracle 8.0.5 database. There we create the table and inserts the data. Everything is fine. We can, using SQL*Plus, see the table in the database.

In another ASP script we creates a ADO connection and tries to use SELECT on the table. This always returns EOF that is no records found. This only happens when we tries to select from a table that contains a column type other then VARCHAR2. In any other case it works.

So you say:"JUST USE VARCHAR2!!!" but that is not sufficient.

If anyone got any hint, idea, code or link PLEASE SEND IT TO US!!!

Thanks in advance...

/Micke(through Stefan!) Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 10:43:01 CDT