Re: OK Oracle, What'd You do with the Cancel Window in SQLPlus?

From: Gene Hubert <110530.717_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 11:39:54 -0400

>It's something to do with whether the SQL*Net connection
>supports interruptable connections (asynchronous calls?
>something like that...)

Well, I've looked thru all the sqlnet.ora parameters and can find nothing that sounds like it would enable asynchronous connections. I did find the following in the 8.0.5 NT docs.
Net8 adds the capability to send and receive data requests asynchronously. This capability was added to support the Oracle shared server, also called a multi-threaded server, which requires asynchronous calls to service incoming requests from multiple clients.

Does this provide any clues? I'm still puzzled.
Gene Hubert Qualex Inc. Durham, NC