Re: OK Oracle, What'd You do with the Cancel Window in SQLPlus?

From: Paul Moore <paul.moore_at_uk.origin-it.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 14:44:14 +0200

Gene Hubert wrote:
> I've recently become aware that there was a neat little "cancle query"
> window that would pop up whenever a query was running in SQLPlus under
> Windows 98 and NT under Oracle 7.x. It seems to have disappeared in
> Oracle 8.x. Anybody know what's going on here?

It's something to do with whether the SQL*Net connection supports interruptable connections (asynchronous calls? something like that...) I can't recall the details, but it's definitely to do with the SQL*Net version and setup, not SQL*Plus itself.

The feature has been in SQL*Plus since sometime in Oracle 7.3.

Paul Moore Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 07:44:14 CDT