Re: OK Oracle, What'd You do with the Cancel Window in SQLPlus?

From: Chris Hamilton <ToneCzar_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 12:24:50 GMT

On Wed, 05 May 1999 11:16:20 +0200, Lars Bo Vanting <Lars.Vanting_at_ex.siemens-sbs.ch> wrote:

Yes, the Cancel entry on the file menu is there, but it's not nearly as convenient as the pop-up box.

Plus, when the query is "thinking", the application is frozen. That sucks, plain and simple. You wind up having to kill the app with Task Manager. I don't think the prior 32-bit versions of SQL*Plus had that behaviour.

>Use the CANCEL entry in the File menu of SQL*Plus.
>
>Lars Bo
>
>Gene Hubert wrote:
>
>> I've recently become aware that there was a neat little "cancle query"
>> window that would pop up whenever a query was running in SQLPlus under
>> Windows 98 and NT under Oracle 7.x. It seems to have disappeared in
>> Oracle 8.x. Anybody know what's going on here?
>>
>> Gene Hubert
>> Qualex Inc.
>> Durham, NC
>> ghubert_at_qualexphoto.com