Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 11:52:01 +0200

Arvin Meyer wrote in message <7gnjom$s15$1_at_esinet2.esinet.net>...
>Upgrading to Oracle is never painless.

I agree with that. Moving between SQLServ and Oracle (as well as between Oracle and SQLServ) is a pain if stored procedures/triggers are used. If they are heavily used, the pain may be too large to bear.

>But if you'd outgrown SQL-Server, you are a multi-billion dollar,
>multi-national corporation, with the ability to hire consultants
>who won't have to ask the question.

I don't think so. I think that Oracle is much more adequate platform for high concurrency level applications with significant hot-spots areas for example. Still need to be a billion dolar corporation ?

--
Piotr Kolodziej pkol_at_otago.gda.pl
Just my private opinion. Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 04:52:01 CDT