Re: very (I repeat) slow DBWR

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: 5 May 1999 09:53:18 GMT

My excuses for the format of this reply, I don't succeed in setting a fixed font, you should read it with Courier.

I can't find the reason for the bad performance in the utlbstat/utlestat myself.

It's an 8 processor machine RS/6000 J50

version:

Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.3.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 2.3.4.3.0 - Production
CORE Version 3.5.4.0.0 - Production
TNS for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 2.3.4.0.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 3.2.4.0.0 - Production

Latches:

LATCH_NAME GETS MISSES HIT_RATIO SLEEPS SLEEPS/MISS

------------------ ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------
-----------
cache buffers chai    11019219           0           1           0
 0
cache buffers lru       113078           7           1           0
 0
dml lock allocatio        4147           0           1           0
 0
enqueue hash chain       35256           0           1           0
 0
enqueues                 64709           0           1           0
 0
ktm global data             12           0           1           0
 0
latch wait list             54           0           1           0
 0
library cache            64590          44        .999          18
409
library cache load         260           0           1           0
 0
list of block allo        7101           0           1           0
 0
loader state objec          83           0           1           0
 0
messages                157629         108        .999           2
019
modify parameter v         311           0           1           0
 0
process allocation           1           0           1           0
 0
redo allocation         298484         120           1           1
008
redo copy                 1172        1157        .013        1530
1.322
row cache objects        42639           0           1           0
 0
session allocation        2736           1           1           2
 2
session idle bit          3992           0           1           0
 0
session switching          522           0           1           0
 0
shared pool              12042          15        .999           9
6
sort extent pool           414           0           1           0
 0
system commit numb      229645           0           1           0
 0
transaction alloca        3897           0           1           0
 0
undo global data         70373           0           1           0
 0

LATCH_NAME NOWAIT_GETS NOWAIT_MISSES NOWAIT_HIT_RATIO

------------------ ---------------- ---------------- ----------------
cache buffers chai           269124                0                1
cache buffers lru            386570                8                9
process allocation                1                0                1
redo copy                    140787             2534             2535

file statistics:

TABLE_SPACE                    FILE_NAME
READS      BLKS_READ  READ_TIME  WRITES     BLKS_WRT   WRITE_TIME MEGABYTES
------------------------------
---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
ORADATA                        /misb/oradata02MIS.dbf
         0          0          0      11368      11368  122441112
1074
ORADATA                        /misb/oradata03MIS.dbf
        15         15         21       4003       4003   38897899
944

--
Kind Regards,

Gerard

Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl> wrote in article <7gp1v4$5h3$1_at_korweta.task.gda.pl>...

<01be96cf$41038920$390120c0_at_GHP.creyfs.be>...