Re: Oracle 7.3.4 Installation problem

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 15:54:27 +0800

Hi,

Just to make sure, when you run the orainst.sh script, you are logged in as user oracle, and that the directory where you are intending to install Oracle into is owned by the oracle account.

i.e. If you are installing into /u01/app/oracle/ (as an ORACLE_BASE) then make sure that this directory is owned by oracle with a group of dba. If you are installing into /u01/app/oracle/product/7.3.4 (as an ORACLE_HOME) then again make sure that this directory is similarly owned.

Otherwise, can you determine which directory is causing the problem.

Rgds
Andrew