Oracle 7.3.4 Installation problem

From: <chitnis_at_pspl.co.in>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 06:37:32 GMT

I am having problems in installing Oracle 7.3.4 for Solaris 2.x on Solaris 2.6.

Prior to the installation process, I create two groups : dba and oper and a user oracle. I set the umask to 022 for both.

The installation runs and at the end, the following error is always displayed : "A permission error has occurred while trying to make the directory (Not Owner)"

The directory is created and I have plently of disk space.

The last record I see in all the log files is : ">>> Entering platform_common.ins".

I would be grateful if someone could help me here.

Thanks
Chitnis