Simple(?) OCI7 Question

From: Deacon Taminant <erisKILLTHIS_at_pcisys.net>
Date: 4 May 1999 20:55:23 GMT

This sounds like it should be dirt simple, and perhaps it is and I'm just overlooking it.

I'm working on a generic C++ middleware that makes stored procedure calls through the Oracle 7 OCI. When I need rows back, I simply declare another cursor, use it as an input variable to the stored procedure, describe/define the output set of the input cursor, and do whatever I please with it. This all works fine...

The problem is, when I go to change stored procedures, the fetch cursor doesn't seem to realize it has to accept new bindings. I am running the new bind/describe/defines again, but it seems to keep the old return column names from the last stored proc. I've tried ocan()'ing it and memset'ing the Cda_Def directly, but I'm afraid I'm probably losing memory somewhere. Does anyone know what qualifies as a 'clean' deallocation of dynamic memory allocated for a cursor, or how I can avoid this problem altogether?

Thanks,
-- Eris Received on Tue May 04 1999 - 15:55:23 CDT