Re: Oracle 8i - books and references

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 14:08:47 -0700

Michael

I'm not familiar enough with Linux to know whether it is capable of running a clustered environment, but that's what you need to use for Parallel Server. As far as the books to get, the only one I've seen that's detailed enough to be of use in configuring, installing and maintaining OPS is the Parallel Server manual. I would definitely get that one, if nothing else.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Pete Sharman                              Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
Project Manager                           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
Oracle Corporation

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA