Re: Trigger on SYS tables ?

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 20:42:56 GMT

On Tue, 4 May 1999 14:58:37 +0200, "Jarek Palka" <triss_at_zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl> wrote:

>I'd like to add additional info (comment) to Oracle users. Is it possible to
>do some action on adding or dropping Oracle users ? I tried create trigger
>on USER$, DBA_USERS but it is wrong way, because making trigger on SYS
>objects is not allowed. May be ther is another way to do it?

Not prior to Oracle8i (8.1.*). In 8i there are two new types of triggering events that can be used: database events (like startup, shutdown, logon, logoff) and ddl events (create, drop, alter statements).

The only option on pre-8i would be to move AUD$ table from schema SYS to schema SYSTEM, turn on the auditing on desired events and then attach trigger to SYSTEM.AUD$. But this solution is officially unsupported by Oracle.

>Jarek Palka
>KAMSOFT, Katowice
>POLAND
HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue May 04 1999 - 15:42:56 CDT