Cannot Connect to Intelligent Agent 2.3.4

From: Ted Persky <TPersky_at_sempra.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 11:11:16 -0700

DBMS: 7.3.4 OS: Solaris 5.6
Product: OEM 1.5.0 on NT 4.0

I'm sorry if this is a simple question, but am new to Oracle. I have sucessfully connected to the instance with OEM but can't connect to the agent. It's up and running fine on my Sun box. When I try to register an event to the instance, it complains that it can't connect to AGENT_<host_name>, where <host_name> is the DNS entry for the Sun box, followed by VOC-04816.. The help file indicates I need to make an entry in tnsnames.ora on the PC running OEM to connect to port 1748, I believe, but what is the syntax? I don't specify a sid when connecting to an agent, do I? (I realize I should probably upgrade the agent to 8.0.5, but at this point I'm just hoping to establish connectivity.) Thank you! Received on Tue May 04 1999 - 13:11:16 CDT