jdbc

From: howard lee <howard.lee_at_connection.com.hk>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 12:30:40 +0800

dear all

i have developed a system using jdbc thin client to query a oracle 7.3.2 database. there is a varchar2(2000) field always cause me trouble and i don't know why. if certain combinations of characters exist in the field, after we submit a sql to query on the field from the java client, the whole system hangs up! we just find a new combination. if we insert 'US$132'

into the field, it hangs, but if we use 'US$ 132', it performs alright!
what's more puzzling is it works for 'US$45.5', 'US$1,052', ...  actually
not just '$' sign has this problem, sometimes '&', or '#' also.  but it just
happens occassionally, without pattern. can anyone help?

thanks
howard Received on Thu Apr 29 1999 - 23:30:40 CDT