Re: Any difference bet Oracle 8 on NT WS vs NT Server

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:54:40 -0400

Hi Eric,

    An MSCE told me that the only difference between NT server and NT workstation -- up through NT 4.0 -- is the optimization and space devoted to internal queues. I believe it since I have run Oracle on both NT server and NT workstation and have not seen any difference.

    In spite of that for a system that is to be shared by several developers I would go with NT Server, 4 processors, lots and lots of disk, a gig or more of RAM, any monitor you can dig up (For a server any old monitor will do -- even that 13" monochrome job that is gathering dust in the storeroom). I make this recommendation in anticipation of a split in NT with NT Server evolving into a more powerful product and NT workstation evolving into an easier to use product aimed at replacing Windows 98 on the desktop.

regards

Jerry Gitomer

Eric Yu wrote in message <7g9q1j$gjl$1_at_birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
>Is there any difference between running Oracle 8 (or 8i) on NT 4
Workstation