ODBC driver doesn't find client component???

From: Acorn <pvanhook_at_princeton.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:43:16 GMT

I have a client machine that it's ODBC driver for Oracle can't set up a new DSN. The driver supplied by Oracle simply shuts down without an error message. The driver supplied by Microsoft at least puts up an error dialog box stating "cannot find Oracle client and networking components were not found, yadda yadda, you must install Oracle client to use this driver". I have installed and deinstalled both 8.0.4 and 8.1.5 clients either singly, or both on at the same time, with the default "home" names, various times. I've also reloaded ODBC administrator. I've looked through the registry for something amiss.

I can't seem to find what could be missing to cause this condition. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Conrad Received on Thu Apr 29 1999 - 11:43:16 CDT