ODBC for Win32 Perl anyone used? other options?

From: shawn <gs21smw_at_bellsouth.net.nospam>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 03:16:36 GMT

Hi, I have a small project I have to do & was considering using this, the perl32 from activeware with odbc

 I've played around with it & seems simple enough to me...actually in playing with it I accidently built 70% of the project =O it was a late night coffee & what the hell kinda thing...

of course now I'm wondering what the drawbacks are...seems to work fine but I'm only one user =) this could have 100-200 hundred users on at a time. Not a big project about 6 tables but could end up with few thousand records....

besides the oracle webserver are thier any other options?

I'm not an oracle or programmer guru or anything & haven't had to work with oracle in awhile so I'm not sure what is out there...

Also....I'd prefer to have it on linux since we don't use nt for anything....what options are thier for accessing the db in perl?

thanks
shawn Received on Wed Apr 28 1999 - 22:16:36 CDT