Re: VPN (virutal private networks) and SQLNET

From: <mendi_at_sanNOSPAM.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:25:00 -0700

In article <7g88cp$fnq$1_at_vnetnews.value.net>, steph2000_at_home.com says...
> Has anyone tried using VPN (virtual private network) from a laptop /
> workstation at a remote site (home, whatever) to connect to a database in
> their office? I'm having flaky responses and so far Oracle Tech support
> doesn't seem to have much experience with people running this combo. I have
> some pointers on tuning sqlnet but that's about it.
>
> I have users who can connect to some databases most of the time and never to
> others. Yet SQL*NET works ok, tnsping works ok. When they connect to some
> databases their queries generally work. But sometimes they seem to time out
> and hang up their VPN connection.
>
> I'd appreciate any info someone can provide. Good, bad or otherwise.
>
> Thanks!
> Stephanie

I use SecuRemote as a VPN client (through a cablemodem) and connect to Oracle7 db's with no problems whatsoever (well, except traffic issues)

Greg Mendizabal
"A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a work station." Received on Wed Apr 28 1999 - 22:25:00 CDT