Re: escape character in queries?

From: <stephane_buisson_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:32:26 GMT

In article <3726D361.F0FCB9F1_at_ComArch.pl>,   rkajda <rkajda_at_ComArch.pl> wrote:
> --------------D1EC89E1F0F70313AF8450C0
>
> Hi
> Use ' before ' (apostrophe is escapee for itself)
> for example
> insert into tab( col ) values( 'That''s the question' ) and
> select *
> from tab
> where col like 'That''s the question'

this is not really the problem, I need this query:

ctx_query.contains('policy_name',
                   'NT(That's the question,1,THES_NAME)',
                   'RES_TABLE');

This query is used with the ConText server. It enables to ask a question to the thesaurus THES_NAME to search the Narrower Term (NT) of That's the question.

In Oracle developper's guide, they say that in order to escape special character like ' & , ( .... I have to use \ character. It works for many characters, but it doesn't work for '

When I put two ' ('') in the query, the ConText server doesn't accept the syntax. If I only put one, that's the PL/SQL compiler that doesn't accept the syntax.

That's my problem!