Re: Is Self Recovery Possible?

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 14:51:24 +0800

If you have all the control files, datafiles and on line redo log files, all you need to do is change the init.ora file to have the correct db_name, and the control_files parameter pointing to the control files. After this, the database should start without any problems. If, as you say, you did not loose any Oracle data files, all that Oracle will do is Crash Recovery.

Andrew