Re: Internal Oracle Error ORA-00600

From: <manager43_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 20:38:15 GMT

Hi,

Possible -

1.

ORA-600 [12421] error when the query has AND_EQUAL condition. This was caused by startkey not being included in save area of AND_EQUAL row source and the context is lost when the function call returns.

2.

This problem occurs only on a table that has at leat two indexes, and one of the indexed fields is a char(128) or larger. The workaround is to use varchar or varchar2, or limit field length to a maximum of 127 chars.

Stack trace information from the ORAXXXXX.TRC generated by the ORA-600[12421] in the USER_DUMP_DEST directory.

Best regards,
 Vladimir