Re: Database Users

From: <bjeremy_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:55:05 GMT

Patrick,

   Good Suggestions... basically I was thinking along the lines of number 2... my original idea was to use aliases... which gets kind of messy... actually changing to the user would be a better approach.

However, How can you physically partition the data BY USER? Logically, we can keep user information separate from one another, but can you do this so there is a physical seperation? Basically the customer just wants to be able to stick his own data into another database if need be. I was thinking the best way to do this would be to keep seperate users, and just run the Export utility to export a single user from our DB and to import it somewhere else.