Database Users

From: <bjeremy_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:52:38 GMT

Greetings,

  My problem is that I have to create a DB where all a Users data have to be de-centralized and in a seperate schema. Basically, I have to create Different users with the exact same schema and set of stored procedures (don't ask... its a requirement).

  This is fine for access by say the OAS... I can log into the DB as a specific user (database authentication) and manipulate the users own data via stored procedures.

  The problem is that in some scenarios, the back-end application will want to connect to the DB. And the way the messaging from other subsystems in the application is set up, there is no way to tell which user the application should connect as. i.e. You are given some unique id, and that unique id can be found in a specific table, however, you don't know which user schema the correct table is in.

Basically, you have many users, and really can have only one point of access for the application... Is there a good way to connect as a default user and find that schema table that a specific unique id is in? (I am assuming that only lookups are necessary, and that id will be in the same table of at least one user schema)

 regards,

   jeremy