Re: datafiles tablespace and stored procedures

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 12:04:21 +0800

Word of warning about messing about with the sql.bsq file.

  1. If you want to create the PL/SQL objects in another tablespace, make sure that the tablespace is created within sql.bsq, that rollback segments are created and put on line (so that you can write to a non SYSTEM tablespace), and then create the PL/SQL objects.
  2. Test the new sql.bsq file against a dummy database.
  3. Unless Oracle Consulting does this, you will probably not be supported. I do know that Oracle UK consulting does this with Financial Installations, but it is still not well supported.

Good Luck,
Andrew