Re: DBMS_JOBs not running once submitted

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:23:40 +0100

We had a very similar problem - so you could be suffering the same thing.

The concept is, you are not launching a job, you are writing data about a potential job. And in Oracle database terms all data is not available to other processes - even Oracle's own processes for Job Execution until the data has been committed. Try the DBMS_JOB line and then COMMIT.

Seems obvious to us now but it took some time to track down.

Regards

Kevin