ORA-3113

From: <roux.christophe_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:04:09 +0200

I have the following problem on both platforms : Oracle 7.3.4.3.0 on AIX 4.2.1 / Oracle 7.3.4.2.0 on AIX 4.1.5

If I try to connect locally to the database with a Pro*Cobol Program or with Forms 4.5 (for AIX) I have an ORA-3113 (End OF File on communication Channel).

This message occurs BEFORE the connection to the database (I have an ORA-3113 EVEN if the database is down)

If I force the local connection to use SQL*Net/TCP-IP then I can connect without any problem.

The Cobol*Porgram and Form 45 were working correctly out previous 7.2 database.

Do you have any idea.

Oracle Support just told me to force the use of SQL*Net by setting TWO_TASK to the SQL*Net/TCP_IP loopback connect string.

I dont like this solution becaus I don't want to use SQL*Net and start the listener on these servers. Received on Thu Apr 22 1999 - 15:04:09 CDT