Re: Systemtable where roles are specified

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:19:03 -0700

Thomas

There's a couple of things we need to know, because you're mixing some terminology here. Do you want to find out what roles exist, in which case you can use DBA/ALL/USER_ROLES to see what's there, SESSION_ROLES to see what's active, DBA/ALL/USER_ROLE_PRIVS to see the actual privileges granted? OR are you after direct grants to users, rather than through roles, in which case DBA/ALL/USER_TAB_PRIVS are the views to look at?

Just a minor point in addition - 7.3.5 doesn't exist to my knowledge. 7.3.4, or 7.3.3.5, yes.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA