multiple oracle dbs

From: Thomas Lohman <thomasl_at_mtl.mit.edu>
Date: 16 Apr 1999 16:20:54 GMT

Hi, I've got Oracle 8.0.5 running on a Solaris 2.6 box and I set up a database and instance during the install. I'd now like to set up an additional database and instance for another (unrelated to the first) application. I've had trouble determining from the Oracle manuals what the exact steps to doing this are. Can anyone point me to a HOWTO or something about what steps are entailed in creating a second database. The main area where I've run into problems is not with the create database statement but rather the other steps to make sure the database is populated with all the correct packages, etc.

thanks much for your help,

--tom

    Thomas Lohman - Software Developer
    MIT Building 36 - Room 297; Cambridge, MA. 02139     e-mail: thomasl_at_mtl.mit.edu
    World Wide Web: http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~thomasl/ Received on Fri Apr 16 1999 - 11:20:54 CDT