Re: Tablespace information from export file (NT)

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:40:12 +0100

In article <7f33si$7v9_at_sjx-ixn10.ix.netcom.com>, Charles Wolfe <cwolfe_at_ix.netcom.com> writes
>Actually, import is quite capable of creating tablespaces. Please refer to
>the attached excerpt:

You are quite right, my problem turned out to be an 'invalid' directory name that prevented a datafile being created, that prevented the tablespace, that prevented the user which defaulted to that tablespace...

Thanks everyone for all your help,

Andy
P.S I'd still be interested in a tool that reproduces the various DDL commands from the export file. I tend to create a number of test databases based on our customers 'real' database, but need to cut down the size and change the file locations to fit our systems. I'm also interested in getting the PL/SQL from the export file - I hadn't realized that the export file only does a 'CREATE' and not a 'CREATE OR REPLACE' for the PL/SQL... quite a problem if you think that you are updating the test systems to mirror the real thing! --
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request